The Bahamas Premier Institution for MMA, Judo, Jiujitsu, Karate, Kickboxing, and Self-Defense

HOME OF 2010 YOUTH OLYMPIAN - CYNTHIA RAHMING

email: allstarbahamas@gmail.com * All- Star Family Centre - Joe Farrington Rd * 242-364-6773

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why Are We So Mentally Soft?


Part 1 - How to Develop Mental Toughness.

I sometimes have the students say positive affirmations
during class. “A winner never quits and a quitter never wins!”
is my favorite one because it speaks to mental toughness.

Fact: At some point in life, things are going to get tough. It
does not matter your level of wealth, fitness or health... at
some point in life the thing that you value most is going to be
challenged and then you are going to find out who you
really are.

My job as Sensei is to prepare you for that tough time... to
give you the tools you need so that you do not crumble when
others need you to be strong.

And to make sure that these skills are transferrable to situations
other than the martial arts.

I’ve been teaching since 1987 and I’ve had many experiences
in building mental toughness. When I see my students toughening
up I know I’m doing a great job and it's also nice when someone
comes and tells me that my teaching helped them or their kid.

Click here for video

=====
Tip #1
Mental toughness begins with having a clear goal
=====

In war colleges, they call this the Principle of the Objective.
Simply put - stay focused on what you are trying to accomplish,
despite the obstacles that will come your way.

So here is my formula to help develop mental toughness in students.

Set a goal slightly beyond reach, identify what is stopping you mentally
from achieving the goal, design drills with obstacles to help you
eliminate the mental barriers.
click here for a schedule of my classes

In part 2 Well talk about the importance of tears.

All the best to you.

Sensei D’Arcy Rahming
9th degree Black Belt
Internationally renowned Author
www.mmabahamas.com
p.s. October is a great month to start classes.
click here for a schedule of my classes

No comments:

Post a Comment